Friday, November 17, 2017

Signages

I was at a prestigious IT show today called the Bengaluru Tech Summit. Organized at Bangalore Palace, the show boasts of 100s of speakers, exhibitors and topics. But what was missing were any useful signage. It took me a while to locate where I needed to go, and that too only after I asked a few people around.

But I don't blame the organisers for having overlooked the importance of having proper signs to direct people. That is another attribute that we Indians possess - of not giving signage its due importance.

And you see examples of that everywhere - roads, railway stations, airports, and even large residential campuses.

Perhaps we assume that people are smart and will figure their way!

No comments:

Why Acting?

 I recently did a mentorship program for actors. One of the questions I was asked was 'Why do you want to be an actor?' At first gla...