Monday, February 10, 2020

Review of 'Little Women'


What a breathtaking beauty Saoirse Ronan is! Firstly, her first name is pronounced 'Ser-Sha'...just like inertia. Secondly, according to me, she is the most beautiful face to grace the silver screen since Madhubala.

Coming to the film itself, Little Women is not a movie. It is a poem written on a lazy day by the beach. It is a plethora of emotions bundled into a lovely flower bouquet. The story is quite simple. Four sisters and their lives, and how love finds and leaves them. But it's the manner of the story telling that leaves one spell bound.

This movie should have got at least one Oscar, and that of the best actress...but that's me:)

If you want to uplift your mood, go watch this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I 100% agree with this statement.
And all of the above is very true and
I too see it in the same perspective
It's a poem with it's meaning hiding beneath it. When you start reading the first word , you see one emotion and
as you go they spill out more and more
With some you make connections with and bring back home.

This movie has definitely given me tools into how I want to structure it.
I see it as their own small world with
and they are living small stories
which makes it better because there isn't a main character to focus on but each story makes each character as strong as the rest and together they or on the same page

In some ways personally , it is like watching myself when I watch Jo in all aspects and in that way all of us have that one character from this story to tie strings with and when you do , it's like watching yourself in a movie that you have been playing in your head for years.

Great movie and a great book

Why Acting?

 I recently did a mentorship program for actors. One of the questions I was asked was 'Why do you want to be an actor?' At first gla...