Monday, February 18, 2019

Review of Uri

I'm writing this a bit late. I saw Uri with my wife on Valentine's Day, 2019. My first reaction after the movie was, 'Revenge begets revenge', which I told my wife.

And how true that turned out - Pulwama happened a couple of days later.

Anyway, coming back to the movie itself, it turned out to be exactly how I had thought it would be - steeped in nationalistic jingoism and basically ,'maaro saalon ko' (beat the bloody buggers).

Lots of people I know have enjoyed the movie, but strangely, I did not. From a pure cinematic experience, the script was really thakela (tired). Too predictable. Many goof ups too - for ex. the Indian woman spy calling the Indian security advisor on the mobile, as if she was next to him in Delhi!

The intent of the movie was to spew hatred and encourage revenge, which it did well, but as a movie buff, I was disappointed.

No comments:

Why Acting?

 I recently did a mentorship program for actors. One of the questions I was asked was 'Why do you want to be an actor?' At first gla...