Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Padmaavat review

Such were the quality of movies in 2017, that Pink was the only one I saw in a theatre.

#Padmaavat was the first 2018 Hindi movie that I went with family to watch. My observation in bullets:


  • Too lengthy at 2 hrs 45 minutes. As a result, parts of the movie dragged. Could have easily crunched it to 2 hours. 
  • Sanjay Leela Bhansali needs to move away from the period drama genre. I think he himself is bored with this kind of cinema
  • What was the purpose of making it 3D? Unless the content is gripping, 3D for such stories are a painful way to watch the movie
  • My take on the 3 main actors:
    • Deepika - main idea was to look good, and she did a fine job of it. Nothing else
    • Shahid - His role could have been given more focus - but he was royalty personified
    • Ranveer - A lot of people are raving about his acting. But for me, this was an extension or variation of Bajirao. Good, not brilliant
  • Overall, a watchable film
  • Finally a question to SLB - if Gaffoor could shoot arrows at Shahid, why didn't the Rajputs do the same and shoot Ranvir?

No comments:

Why Acting?

 I recently did a mentorship program for actors. One of the questions I was asked was 'Why do you want to be an actor?' At first gla...