Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The England Test Series 2018

In November 2017, I'd written how important 2018 was for Indian cricket.  Here's a follow-up.

Well, the first of those tours happened in March - South Africa. And India was in a winning position in all the three tests, but managed to win only one, to ultimately lose the series 2-1. The other two matches we lost were purely down to focus and match awareness.

So, the tally for 2018 stands at LLW. 2 wins and 1 loss.

We are now at the cusp of the second big series this year, England. The prospect is mouth-watering, with a full 5 match series, perhaps for the very first time.

I think our batting will be alright, but the concern for me is the bowling, especially the fast bowlers. With Bumrah and Bhuvi down with injuries, we're left with the lower capabilities of Ishant, Shami and Umesh.

Having said that, my prediction for the series? 2-2 after 4 tests with the 5th being a decider. Watch this space if my prediction comes true!

No comments:

Why Acting?

 I recently did a mentorship program for actors. One of the questions I was asked was 'Why do you want to be an actor?' At first gla...